Speaking at the event Games Beat 2011 the executive also said he thinks Apple and Google enter into the mix to compete with established companies such as Nintendo, Sony and Microsoft:
“We believe Apple will be there Google it will be too. Our vision is that the next generation of consoles will be less about technology and more about service-oriented player. ”
Farrell suggested some months ago that the best strategic move for the industry is to extend the current cycle of hardware Move and Kinect, which implied that the least thought that the industry needed was new hardware. Do you agree?
- Additional RAM for next generation consoles
- Like Nintendo and Sony, Bethesda also willing to support new consoles Wii U and PS Vita
- The next generation of Sony’s PSP in details
- The top selling games and consoles in 2010
- Kinect technology with the Apple iPad
- The casual games and gaming services
- The best games & consoles in U.S.
- Nintendo warns playing Nintendo 3DS