Sega has announced they are developing London 2012: The Official Game of the Olympic Games for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, A title that will include 30 sports, with online play and leaderboards different.
According to the company, players can “create their own moments of sporting history and fame”, all through the events and disciplines that offer the game.
“The London 2012 Olympic Games are sure to be a unique experience in the life of the people,” said Gary Knight, senior vice president of marketing at Sega Europe and America. “The Official Game will give the opportunity to involve everyone in the planet’s biggest sporting event in their own homes, though they are thousands of miles away,” he says.
The game is being planned by the newly renamed Studios Sega Australia and will be available near the conclusion of the macro sporting event next year.
Sega is also in charge of Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games of London Wii and 3DS, a more carefree of the great Olympics.
- Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games
- Royal Wedding and history of video games
- Video game Ridge Racer Unbounded: new trailer and release date
- Official announcement of Battlefield 3 & first teaser
- BAFTA Awards for best video game
- Microsoft plans to dominate the world of video games
- First official details on FIFA 12
- Dirt 3 official launch date: May 24