The creator of the Harvest Moon franchise, Yasuhiro Wada, recently held an interview with IGN, during which he claimed to believe that the success of the social game Farmville has managed to increase the fan base of his own series. This because the simulation genre and country life culture has always been very close, niche, and Farmville is changing that.
“I think what we have done is to expand the market. In Japan, the latest Harvest Moon for Nintendo 3DS is a great success, and it is because they have Farmville and other similar social farm games. I think more people were willing to take a chance on Harvest Moon for playing those games. ”
It is certainly interesting in terms of creative, more games similar styles create competition, more competition leads to better games and better games generate more market. We would like your opinion about it and do you belong to niche players like Harvest Moon, Farmville or other similar proposals?
- Tricks of Farmville
- Transformers: The Dark Side of the Moon
- Akira Yamaoka believes Japan has already reached its peak in the games industry
- Farmville could negotiate with its members
- Operation Raccoon City will be a success
- John Carmack, id Software believes Wii Remote U with better uses Kinect Move
- Will Wright does not think the consoles are doomed
- Ubisoft is confident that the company will be third-party publisher for the Wii largest U